Latest News

Company and gas fitter fined after gas explosion

Aug 9, 2019 | HSE News

A self-employed gas fitter has been fined after he and his son received serious burns following an explosion at a motor vehicle showroom in Glasgow. Glasgow Sheriff Court heard that on 3 August 2016 Kenneth Ewen had been asked to install a heater in the wash area at Arnold Clark Limited on Kilmarnock Road. While carrying out the work Ewen asked his son to hold onto the end of a one inch gas pipe that had been connected to a redundant heater. There was an explosion and Kenneth Ewen and his son both sustained serious burn injuries. Several other men working in the immediate area were also put at risk of serious injury.