See recommendations from HSE.
Your duties to protect the health and safety of people affected by your work will not change with Brexit.
Our guidance, health and safety made simple: the basics for your business, will help you to comply with the law.
We have produced guidance to help you prepare in the event the UK leaves the EU without a deal (and therefore without an implementation period):
- Working with explosives
- Workplace equipment and machinery
- Chemicals industry guidance
- Biocides Authorisation of biocidal substances and products
- CLP Classification, labelling and packaging of substances and chemicals
- PIC Export and import of hazardous chemicals from and into Europe
- PPP Pesticides or Plant Protection Products
- REACH Registration, evaluation, authorisation and restriction of chemicals
Get ready for Brexit
You can use the Government’s website, GOV.UK, to check what you need to do
Guidance on areas relating to workplace health and safety is also available on GOV.UK:
- Workplace rights if there’s no Brexit deal
- Trading goods regulated under the ‘New Approach’ if there’s no Brexit deal
- Control on Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) if there’s no Brexit deal’
- Control on mercury if there’s no Brexit deal’
- Appointing nominated persons to your business if there’s no Brexit deal
Changes to legislation
Government has made changes to legislation. The changes ensure regulation of chemicals continues if the UK leaves the EU without a deal.
Amendments are to:
CLP, Biocides and PIC
- The Chemicals (Health and Safety) and Genetically Modified Organisms (Contained Use) (Amendment etc.) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019